finally it is out of door. Read here.
to help you in deciding whether you should go for this or not adobe has done independent study on how much time you can save. They compared doing similar tasks in Adobe Captivate 5 with previous version. For ex – you can now create software simulation 39% faster. Read this pdf to know the details.
here are my other reasons why anyone should consider buying the latest version of Adobe Captivate.
- It works both on windows and mac. Captivate behaves exactly same on both platforms. The content created are also same and can be used interchangeably on both platforms without any worry. So no more workaround of “running vm on mac for using it” and reasonings like “captivate is the only reason I need a window machine”.
- You can open multiple files at same time and work across them. Seems a basic feature but for captivate users this has been long missed feature. And in real life projects this will be the first thing you will notice.
- almost no dialogs. Most of them are now PI which are more familiar to anyone coming from a Creative suite perspective. And the overall user interface is no learning curve for someone coming from other adobe applications.
- if you though adobe flash should have screen capture – see this functionality in eLearning suite 2.0.
There are many new features which you will appreciate. Some of them are
- Optimized user interface
- Object Styles
- Master Slides
- Rich animation effects if you always wanted captivate to be closer to flash in terms of rich effects
- Multivideo support and synchronization
- Tracking and reporting if you were intimated by various lms and your clients did not have one and still you wanted the functionality.
besides this there are multiple small nuggets which you will notice while working on this.
PS – if anyone follows this blog they can roughly guess the timeframe of captivate release by looking at the frequency of posts. Before the release it starts warming up, after release the frequency increases and in between release it almost dies down.