if you are thinking of creating widgets in Adobe Captivate 4 the help files contain very relevant information. and they are very concise so it is good idea to go through them once so that you can get a feeling of where to search for when in problem.
I am listing below the links for reference. You can add comments to the online help also if you feel that you can add anything more or if the information is partial/wrong etc –
- about widgets – brief on widgets.
- type of widgets – it contains brief on static widgets , interactive widgets and question widgets with some examples on how to use the ones included in product.
- widget panel – this is the panel which lists few of the available widgets in product
- linked widgets – how you can specify dependent files for widgets.
- create widgets – basics of creating widgets.
- defining visibility modes for widgets
- using xml in widgets – xml is the format in which data is passed from Captivate to widget
- using variables in widgets – how you can use captivate variables inside widgets.
- action script 3 in widgets – basics of action script 3 wrt widgets
- access adobe captivate movie properties
- question widgets – few extra functions for question widgets for LMS support. For AS3 you need to add these to the question template Adobe Captivate generates automatically. AS2 works as it is not very strict so even if it does not finds these functions it continues.
- add widgets – tells the workflows you can use to insert widget in your captivate files.
- troubleshoot widgets – how to locate the problem while developing widgets.