adobe has announced the release of adobe captivate 3 here and is expected to ship in August 2007 or later this summer at an estimated price of US$699.
the release says “….. Adobe® Captivate® 3 software, a powerful eLearning authoring tool for the delivery of robust and engaging computer-based simulations, scenario-based training, and interactive quizzes. Adobe Captivate 3 offers enhanced features including multi-mode recording, rerecording, new Microsoft Powerpoint import capabilities and support for rich media formats, such as Adobe Flash® Player compatible .SWF, MP3, and AVI files. Easily mastered, without the need for programming or multimedia development skills…….”.
the new features as described by the press release are –
- multi-mode recording.
- rerecording – The new rerecording feature captures actions taken in Internet Explorer Web applications, enabling learning professionals to easily build interactive software demonstrations with step-by-step instructions.
- new Microsoft Powerpoint import capabilities – The enhanced Microsoft PowerPoint import functionality supports the conversion of slide animations into Flash Player compatible SWF format.
- support for rich media formats, such as Adobe Flash® Player compatible .SWF, MP3, and AVI files
- create effective quizzes and helps reduce cheating by randomly drawing questions from a pool
- shuffling answers in multiple-choice formats
- rollover objects
- animated slide transitions
- The new XML export and import feature simplifies the localization process of projects by exporting captions to the XML Localization Interchange File Format (XLIFF).
experience the files created using new version here.
logo and box designs are refreshing change from previous versions. logo follows the new logo strategy of adobe as written in this entry.